Monday, March 7, 2011

Costco Rotisserie Chicken

$4.99.  The mystery of the Costco chicken.  I would never eat the dang thing, then curiosity finally got the best of me.  I can't stop.


Alright.  I am no self-proclaimed cook.  At all.  But here is what I do with it.

Evening #1.  Pull off legs and wings.  Eat.
I then take off the skin as I'm not a big seasoning/salty fan.
I cut all the chicken off the body and save in a Gladware container.
I then take the body and boil it (then simmer) in a pot with salt for broth.  I don't add onion or carrots (well, because I don't like carrots) or pepper.  I'm going to add noodles later on, and some spices if I need to.  Basic Chicken noodle soup.  Oh, and add some of the chicken cubed up.

Day #2.  Breakfast.  Eat soup.



Lunch.  I heat up a pita.  I spread on hummus or tzaziki (can also buy at Costco), put in some chicken pieces and lettuce and eat.  You can also add tabouli (also at Costco, do you see a theme here?), cut up tomato, feta and roasted garlic pieces.

Evening #2.  Make spaghetti.  For sauce use any kind but add a cut up pepper (like orange, sweet) and chicken to sauce.

Snack #2.  Cheese and cut up chicken in a tortilla.  Make quesadilla or just roll it up, add salsa.

Day #3.  More soup.



Lunch - put chicken in tortilla/wrap with feta, romaine, tabouli, any other ingredients you have laying around.  I actually dip in habanero salsa, but that's just my deal.  You can make either mexican with cheddar/jack and salsa, or mediterranean like yesterday, or whatever. 

Dinner/snack.  Shred the rest and make chicken nachos!  All done!

I am just simple about this, as there are tons of recipes on the internet, but as I'm not a cook, it has to be fast and simple, or I'm not doing it.  Just wanted to share what I'm up to when not crafting/gaming/working.

2 comments:

  1. Of course, this is to save money to buy more shoes and crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg. The soup is awesome. Actual chicken chunks, and as a "splurge", I picked up some alphabet pasta @ DeLeon's for $.50. It's awesome. Bite me, Campbell's.

    ReplyDelete