Monday, May 2, 2011

Seattle Trip. Shoes, clothes, food. Funny stuff. Japanese food items.

Ok, and one more thing before I start that appellate brief... ummmm...

So this past weekend I went to Seattle for some retail therapy.  I mean a meeting.


The Coach Stefanie Heel.  Retail $188.00.  Me at Nordy's Rack, $58.43.  I wore these out Sat night.   Then, as if I didn't have enough, I went to another Nordy's Rack and found a total score:  Eileen Fisher red knot dress for $59.98.  Score again.  Retail $228.00.  No pic yet.  It'll come out, someday.
Then, scouring the racks, I found a Juicy Couture Velour shift dress on sale.  Bonus, it was even less than the clearance tag.  $10.99.  No shit.



All this shopping led to the next outing... feeding frenzy.  Kaname, in Seattle near downtown (International District) between 6th and 7th on Jackson.  Hole in the wall.  Great food, and super cheap happy hour.  See feast. 

Yes, that's food for 3 of us.  $23 for me with beer, without tip.  Kaname.  Between 5-6:30 PM.  Be there.  Say hi to cousin Josh and cousin Candy.  Weirdly, they are my parents' cousins, one from each side of the family (so they're not related).  Apparently the eating gene is in full effect.  I've taken my entire Board there, and they all loved it.

I know this isn't a food blog, but during my trip, we had to kill time at Uwajimaya (Japanese grocery, also apparently owned by some distant relative, but anyway).  Speaking of strange Asian snacks, the pics speak for themselves. (The beer pic was actually at the restaurant, but hey).  ***disclaimer, you have to admit this is funny.  If not, get a sense of humor.***


Hot Mate.  Do you like
how all of the characters are all different races?  Diversity in food.  Or a Hot Mate, whichever you prefer.
I'm not going to explain how this might or might not be relevant to my night, and why my midnight snack was funny.

What is this?
That is a sumo looking
dude with a loincloth thingy.  What is the purpose of that mostly naked man on that beer can?

Why is this funny to me.  Oh, because I've now killed some more time before editing my brief and reading this research tonight.  Fun.  Procrastination at its best.

The next day's shopping led to U-Village, where we ate at the new Boom Noodle by Barnes & Noble.  It was awesome.  As Zao isn't there anymore, we had to try it out.  It rocked.  Including the lunchtime vodka drinks.  Forgot to take a pic, but "Boom" is the new code word.  Says so on the menus.  Next time I used the words "my Boom" you'll know what it means. 

Incident followed at Vic Secret, Juicy Couture, Aveda, Lucky, Impress, etc. You'll see the Impress stamps later.
Juicy purse on sale $44.00 (I don't even have to tell you how far below retail that is), and Juicy scarf $20.  Lucky skirt $20.  Pure awesomeness.


Now back to that brief...

1 comment:

  1. extremely jealous that you bought all that fun stuff. seriously. i think i have a shopping problem but i've had to refrain due to the possibility of not being able to pay my bills..LOL!

    congrats on the good deals. i'm telling ya, it's a gift, some gals don't know how to find bargains! :)

    ReplyDelete