Monday, May 2, 2011

Never fear, Easter was all crafty too.

Also.  I hate boring eggs.  I have crafty eggs.

I shouldn't share my secrets, but I hate plain eggs.  So here it is.  Dye egg first in yellow, pink, green, light blue (dip quickly).  After you have dyed all your eggs and they dry (also dry them on a cloth with newspaper underneath, and roll around so they don't get the dreaded "spot" on one side), then you put a little cooking oil in each dye. Just a little oil, and chop it up with your spoon before you stick the egg in again. Re-dye in a different color.  Wipe off with a paper towel (because it's oil, it won't dry.. duhh).  Shiny, fancy eggs.

I gave "the dude" an Easter Basket.  He said it was his first ever, since he was a super little kid.  It had 3 eggs, a small glass jar with his name stamped on it with Staz-On (see project #1, the etched glass) those jars, candy, and mini vodka.  It came complete with the Earth Day "herb garden" card, as he grows herbs.  He liked it.  Bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment