Monday, May 2, 2011

Nothing like a little procrastination to catch up on the blog.

So, here's the latest in the craft arena...



So I used the large Magenta stamp (all 3 panels combined), and stamped twice. I glued on blank panels (sides) on with the border colored blue, then I cut out the image exactly the same without the border (some fancy detail cutting around the branches as you can see in picture #2) and then used dimensional dots to raise the image off the card.  The back panel (middle) is just colored in.  Really, it happened by accident, in that the large stamp didn't ink right the first time.  I like the dimension, though.  It'll be a great Mother's Day card.

Of course I used the Copics.  Of course I went and bought some more after court last week.  Nothing like working to buy more art supplies.

I also stamped pears.


I think you saw these earlier, but I finally put them together.  Clockwise, starting at 11:00, the pear was stamped with Tsukineko Memento London Fog (gray) ink.  The background was A Stamp in the Hand pear background writing.  (not on the pear, that writing is on the main stamp, which is by Stampers Anonymous). After the pear dried, I colored in with my Copic Markers. 

At 1:00, you will see the spattering.  First I took my finger and rubbed it with Microglaze onto the pear. I used a spritzer with Walnut Ink and Pearl Ex mixed in.  I added some Potion #9 by Tsukineko to the spritzer, because, you know, that's the new thing.  Anyway, I then noticed when I dabbed the Microglaze with a paper towel (to get the wet off the Microglazed area) it left a ring around my pear. So I then colored over it with a gray Copic.  Looked kind of cool.  I sponged the edges of the cutout and the yellow cutout with brilliance green ink to make it shiny.  Cool.

At 4:00 is a blue cuttlebug background that was sponged with green Brilliance again to make it stand out.  All edges on yellow, blue and white were also sponged with that.  Just colored in pear with Copics, because on glossy paper.

7:00  Copics.  Black Memento Ink.  Basic.  The background line stamp is Magenta.

And here's what I finally did with that poor Magenta flower that needed a home.  Sponged edges of white (matte, marker paper) with purple Brilliance Ink.  Used a yellow Brilliance (that you can't really see) on the background over the yellow.  Trust me, it shines subtly.  White portion was sprayed with the newer Tsukineko "Goosebumps" before gluing on... sort of looks like rain.  Awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment