Sunday, June 19, 2011

Copic Roses and how to...

So, here's what happens when you leave me at home on a Saturday night... bought 45 new Copics online, and then played with what I have.  Here it is, step by step.  I first stamped the pic with Magenta ink.  It obviously missed the middle of the stamp, so I stamped again, and cut out that portion.  I did it on glossy, just because I had a scrap of it, but it was kind of neat as it stood out a bit.  I mounted it with mounting dots after cutting it out.

To pick the colors, I tried it on the paper scrap.  The Copics look different on different papers.
See how I missed the middle?  Oops.  Anyway, did all background in YR000, and roses in R0000 to start.
Tested some colors, and thought R85 would look good with some earthy E70.  I know those colors typically don't "go" together on the Copic Color Wheel, but hey.  I was told to experiment.  Here's the mix, above.

I thought they were kind of "dark", so I added some RV42 to "blue" them up a bit.  Started testing leaf greens to see what would go with these pinks.  I mean, come on, I only have so many colors to work with here...  I did all on Y00, then added YG03 and YG23.  I didn't think it was dark enough, so I added YG 17.



After I stuck on the middle piece with the dimensional dots (well, actually, the scraps saved from in between the dots, cut up with scissors...) you can't tell there was a "mistake".


Basically, I colored with the dark colors near the black shadows, then used a lighter color to blend it in.  I didn't love the green, so I colored over all of it with another YG to change the color a bit.  Basically, I just keep playing and adding/taking away color.  By the way, I didn't use the "blender pen".  I just kept coloring darker, then blending (or removing color) with the lighter pen.

I then added shadow with B00 around the flowers where I messed up and went outside the lines.  It just kind of adds a shadow, and hides the mistakes.  I went over it with YR000 to blend in with the background, and went over the entire background again with it to make the light background "darker". 

What to mount it on?  Both.  Finished product on top!  I guess I can sleep now.  Maybe.





No comments:

Post a Comment