Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Well, I'm now Copic Certified, and will have to start practicing my techniques more.  Here is my little Copic table at home, right in front of my TV. 

So, on the left, I finally put this card together.  This was done before my certification class.  I should have done something with the background, but was more about testing the Microglaze for the window to act as a resist from my Tsukineko shimmer spritz.  I also used gel pens for the detail.  I also tried using my Stampin' Up air blower with a Copic Marker. If you unscrew the blower and take out the inner thing holding the pen, it will make the hole big enough to hold a Copic.  It worked ok.  Not great, but I'm trying to talk myself out of a Copic Airbrush system.  I think with some practice, I could make it work.  Well, it didn't work any worse than my clogged Tsukineko shimmer spritz...

On the right, just used Copics after the class. Tried some of the feathering techniques and color lessons.  It's subtle, but I kind of like it.




Then, I got around to Father's Day.  Here's the pic before I glued it on a card.  I did one darker, and one lighter.  Stamps by Magenta.



Then I tried to make a girl.  Fail.  Oh well.  I tried.  Hair just came out too dark compared to the rest.  But anyway...  Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment